Thursday, March 5, 2015

Shifty's Annual Monthly Album Appraisal Thingy Thang- February 2015


Plain and simple, this month was pretty lackluster. 
Februarys are always like this. Next month will be better. 


For the audience keeping score at home, the Shifty System works as such: Every album I like gets a Shifty Seal of Approval!!!!! Every album that I like-like gets two Shifty Seals of Approval!!!! Every Shifty Seal of Approval can be exchanged for 3 pats on the backs, but if you turn in three Shifty Seals of Approval at a time, I'll give you 10 pats on the back cause I'm cool like that.





 #thingsiliked

Torche- Restarter
-Torche was looking for some sort of a fresh start when they made this album. I guess that's why they called it Restarter. Go figure. Good stuff. It's loud when it needs to be. This isn't my favorite of their albums, but it's definitely worth a listen if you are into sludge metal.
#thisisgoodcakebakingmusicguys


#thingsilikedliked

Pinkshinyultrablast- Everything Else Matters
-Okay, so technically this album came out in the end of January. I heard it in February so I'm gonna put it in this month's list. This album is really hard to explain. They are heavily inspired by shoegaze and dream pop, but they aren't really either. They play really fast and loud, and the band is from Russia. I can't say enough great things about this album. Listen to it!!!!!
#wemightseethisonacertainsomeonesendoftheyearlist


No comments: