Friday, August 5, 2011

These ARE the albums you're looking for.

So, to get things started for my first ever blog post, I figured I would give you some albums that I have been pretty obsessed with recently.

Gossip-Music For Men
I love the sort-of disco punk thing happening with this album. Beth Ditto has an amazing voice and the groove throughout just floors me. It's funky and just makes you nod your head. It's impossible not to. Just an all around great album.







The Sheepdogs-Learn & Burn
This is boogie rock at it's finest. This band has been around for a little while in Canada and have yet to break in the U.S. That's about to change though as they are the first unsigned act EVER to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone. I'm here to tell you, they so deserve it. They have 3 albums out and they are all solid. I was lucky enough to catch them at Bonnaroo this year and they put on a great show. I can't wait to see them do a headlining event.




The Greenhornes-**** (4 Stars)
I have been in love with this album since it came out last year. The Greenhornes are my brand of garage rock. They remind me of The Kinks, The Yardbirds and early Rolling Stones. They also remind me of a simpler time, when all you needed to rock was 3 chords and an amp turned to 11.
I've seen The Greenhornes live 3 times and they really blew me away every time. If they are in your area, get some tickets and enjoy a night of killer rock 'n roll. If they aren't coming to you, head down to your local record store and buy this right away (on vinyl of course).

There are some tidbits to keep your ears watering. Watch out, cuz I've got more coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mister, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind! :D