Monday, December 21, 2015

Alex's Top of the Year Music List

2015 has been an incredible year for music, which makes choosing my top albums incredibly difficult. I have managed to narrow it down to 10 albums that have made a particularly strong impact on me, with a few eps and honorable mentions. So, uh, here we are:

Top Albums In No Particular Order

1. Kendrick Lamar: To Pimp A Butterfly
2. Courtney Barnet: Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just 
3. Sufjan Stevens: Carrie and Lowell
4. Hop Along: Painted Shut
5. Beach Slang: The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us
6. Decemberists: Oh What A Terrible World, Oh What A Beautiful World
7. Father John Misty: I Love You, Honeybear
8. Tobias Jesso Jr.: Goon
9. Natalie Prass: Natalie Prass
10. Girlpool: Girlpool

Top EPs In No Particular Order

1. Diet Cig: Over Easy
2. Mac Demarco: Another One
3. Decemberists: Florasongs
4. Open Mike Eagle: A Special Episode.

Honorable Mentions In Every Particular Order
1. Eugene Mirman: I'm Sorry (You're Welcome)
2. Alabama Shakes: Sound and Color
3. Sleater-Kinney: No Cities To Love
4. Belle and Sebastian: Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance
5. Chvrvhes: Every Open Eye
6. Joey Badass: B4.DA.$$.
7. Eskimeaux: OK

No comments: